It is that time of year again – the Kidzworld Mommy Blogger Competition has started.
I cringe slightly as this is about the same time that I start appealing to your ability to click on the badge and Nominate Me.
I will do it subtly (not so much), so that I do not sound as desperate as I feel when I am faced with these things.
The next step will be my constant pestering that you “please, for the love of gd go and nominate me …”
When that is done, there will be ever more begging and pleading, with some grovelling. I may even promise tasteful nudity – and repeat updates on my Facebook status of “please pop along and vote” or something of that ilk.
I will always appear to sound non-nonchalant and “oh I do not worry about that sort of thing … ”
Heads up. It is all a lie. Of course I care. You get a shiny badge, bragging rights, and on-line vouchers and a batch of books!!!
I would like to say that I am above this. I would, but let’s have an honesty moment.
I would like to take this opportunity to prepare you for the “oh my heavens, I am just honoured to be nominated” or there might be a bit of “oh for fuck sake just go and vote —- after all I have done for you” which will eventually end in “I really no longer care if you vote or not it is a stupid competition….”
This statement will be associated with constant and annoying re-checking and hoping that I at least make the short list.
I will constantly keep wondering if I was a bit nicer, swore a bit less, and really made more of an effort I could climb over the dead and bleeding bodies of my competition … and was far nicer to sponsors would that have helped?
I will tut-tut, avert my eyes and say things like “oh that silly competition … it really does not count for anything …. really I am so not bothered..”
I am the Sally Fields of Mommy Bloggers — pick me, pick me, you must really like me –please do not leave me standing her in my stupid PT shorts and no bra -because-I-have-no-breasts-and-my-,mom-refuses-to-fork-out-for-a-crop-top-which-looks-like-a-bra PT shirt.
Yes I do realise this entire post sounds like I need to pop back to my Dr Pill and ask him to up my Serequel and Serdep … but there you go, it’s been that sort of week.
Here is the Nominate Button – there really is absolutely nothing in it for you, this is truly all about me — I would like to say that you win a lucky draw or something, but it seems not. This is all about me and my four year old child The Reluctant Mom Blog vying for first place with all the other really pretty and talented children/blogs vying for your vote.
You can pop along to the site and read about how the competition works, and all of that jazz, but here is the Executive Summary:
1. Click on button and nominate Reluctant Mom – I will be doing this until the 30 November 2013.
2. The blogs with the most Nominations will be sorted into the top 10 or top something number.
3. There will be a new button that will really try to convince you to go and VOTE assuming that The Reluctant Mom is shortlisted – this will go on until 15 December 2013.
4. There will be several days of checking and re-checking my email and hoping that I get somewhere in the Top 3.
5. Then it is finished. Everyone takes their bow, there is a bit of air kissing, and a fair amount of “shit, I lost, but hey the winner blogs are really fantastic” …. oh I am so honoured just to be on the short list.
6. Everyone goes home eats too much cake and drinks too much wine!